Sunday, September 6, 2009

Flowers in my hair



Quite frankly, San Francisco is fantastic. It is such an easy city to fall in love with. There are heaps of people around, plenty of things to look at and it is very simple to get around. Today I walked from South Beach, through the Financial District, the Mission, Castro, Haight-Ashbury on to the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. It took me a few hours but I find that walking is a great way to get the lay of the land and I would rather look at people than go to tourist spots.

One odd element is the very large number of homeless people on the main streets. I'm told it is the fair weather and the city's accepting attitude towards them that makes it a good environment for those without a house to live in relative comfort. It is a little disconcerting since a lot of them seem to be a bit crazy. But everyone seems to coexist without too much bother, so that is what I am doing.

John is being an exceptional host. We are going out again for dinner tonight and will no doubt hit a few of the cities numerous drinking establishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment