Sunday, September 6, 2009

Outside it's America



Day two in Santa Monica and I am, for the most part, stuck inside my motel. Last night was awful... very little sleep, an unhappy body and nothing but 100 channels of garbage for company... and it is so hot here. I went for a walk in the afternoon to find some food. I ended up going into a supermarket and buying ingredients for a sandwich... chicken, coleslaw and cheese... which I assembled outside the store and ate on the spot. I actually felt very comfortable and was happy enough to survey the scene for an hour or so. I walked further down Lincoln Blvd for the sake of some sight seeing... it's a huge six lane road that runs for several kilometers... mostly takeaway joints, convenience stores and service shops, but I was just glad to be out of the motel for a while, though I soon ran out of energy and needed to return to my den of sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment